Tips and tricks
Here are some tips to ensure a hassle-free move.
Proper planning of your move will save you a lot of stress…
2 to 4 months before moving
- Start packing infrequently used items
- Update your property inventory.
- Get rid of what no longer serves.
Plan a garage sale, donate to charities, use the classifieds, etc.
- Plan the cleaning and painting of the new home
4 to 6 weeks before moving
- Find the packing material.
Cardboard boxes, wardrobe boxes, bubble wrap, newspapers, tissue paper, adhesive labels, black felt, wide adhesive tape, string, etc
- Start packing the less useful items.
Books, some crockery, clothing and out-of-season equipment.
- Confirm the dates of interruption and resumption of services as well as the fees that will be billed to you:
- Take note of the dimensions of the windows in the new home when purchasing blinds and curtains.
- Find a new bank branch.
Preferably in your new neighborhood and don't forget the contents in the safety deposit box of the old one!
- Reserve the elevator in the building for moving day (if possible).
2 to 3 weeks before moving
- Sign up for mail forwarding service at the post office.
You can access the Canada Post site at: www.canadapost.ca and get change of address cards or even better send an electronic card.
- Confirm the presence of those who promised to help you.
- Send the rugs and curtains that need it to the cleaners
You will collect them after the move 1 week before.
- Complete the packaging.
Taking care not to overload and count the boxes. Inform us of any change in relation to the information given during your quote request.
- Dismantle the furniture.
- Prepare a breakdown box.
Put utensils, dishes, glasses, paper towels, toilet paper, tissues, light bulbs, a flashlight, basic tools, cleaning products and accessories…
- Make a box of items that you will carry in your car.
Plants, jewellery, camera and video, paintings and all items of great value.
The day before the move
- Reserve the space for the truck in front of the entrance to your building (if necessary).
- Pack a suitcase with a few changes of family clothes and toiletries for the first night.
- Provide food.
To ward off cravings and thirst, all in a cooler
- Remove curtains, rods, blinds.
- Ask for the key for the elevators (if necessary)
- Clear lanes and clear snow and ice.
Release all interior and exterior access to the building to facilitate the work of the movers.
- Unplug washer-dryer and dishwasher.
- Remove mirrors from desks.
- Dismantle the beds.
- Remove the dining table legs.
- Unplug computer and electronic equipment.
- Disassemble work or computer desk.
- Dismantle the wall unit.
- Take the reading from the electricity or gas meter.
- Make appliances ready and accessible.
Usually the last to be placed in the truck
- Put all fragile objects in the same place.
Mirror, glass, vase, etc…
- Walk around each room.
Closets, cabinets, nooks and behind doors.
- Give the driver a phone number.
So that he can join you at any time during the trip.
- Mop the floor and close doors and windows.
- Take out the garbage.
- Return the keys to the real estate agent, landlord or new tenant.
Satisfied with our moving service?
You can offer an individual tip in person to each member of the team.
We also appreciate receiving your opinion on Google or by email.
AND FINALLY, RELAX AND DO
TRUST IN OUR EXPERIENCED TEAM!